1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

linux can not install

Discussion in 'Beginners Section' started by JesseRagaiolo, May 7, 2018.

1. JesseRagaiolo

JesseRagaiolo New Member

good morning. as the title is my laptop (ASUS FX553V) that does not want to install Linux. I'm not a neophyte and I have a little bit of skill with the PC. I tried more versions besides Kali being careful to choose the right architecture and checking that the sha256sum corresponded. excluding the problem of ISO I thought of the bios but it detects every time the dichi (both usb and cd) of startup and actually making them start. I find myself having any live distribution I launch hangs on the loading logo and it stays like that for hours. if I try to install ubuntu not even start kali but I get to install the operating system and crashes saying "one of the steps of the installation was not successful" the step in question is precisely the installation of the system. I have 2 disks a 128 ssd with w10 and a hdd I would like to use for Linux where I also hold the w10 data. I partitioned it leaving 31gb for kali. even in virtual box I can install it, blocking me at the usual point. here of course someone knows a lot more about me and I ask for his help ...
    thank you.